Friday, May 11, 2007

Prayer-Hiking & Community Work are the best!


As much fun as we have fording streams, singing our praise & shooting the wildflowers & wildlife, the prayer-time on our hikes is the best part of our outings. Last week we supported the "Right to Life" rummage sale with items dropped off on the way to the hike. This week we donated cut rhubarb from our gardens. All my spring rhubarb is now harvested & donated! On the way back home we stopped by the Skalkahoe Lodge & I made a reservation for Louis & my 35th Anniversary dinner in mid-June. We will attend "Fiddler on the Roof " at the "Hamilton Players" Playhouse after the anniversary dinner. I heard about the lodge & about the play while hiking. We have also planned part of our VBS & a meeting for the "Ladies in Lavender" group while tromping the trails.








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some more great pictures! Next time I'm there on a Wednesday I wanna go with your hiking group.

CML_Shearings said...

Jeannie, We'd love to have you. You would add to the fun & prayer time.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Had a real giggle outta the three on the log! I'm assuming they were shuffling across rather than balance-beaming it! :)

CML_Shearings said...

Right-on, Carol Ann. The first of our group did balance-beam the log & nearly ended up in the fast-moving water. The rest of us were more cautious & did giggle as we shuffled slowly via our behinds!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Well, here I am again! I hardly ever visit these pictures just once! Usually again and again, enlarging them to enjoy the amazing view! Kinza laughed when she saw the hikers bumming it across the log, gingerly stepping over precarious rocks and picking their way through the forest seemingly without a path to follow! The humour of it all was in comparing that to the men and kids fishing in a safe little cove! Talking of THAT picture, Cary, if you cropped it just above the hardy fishers, you would have an absolutely gorgeous header for a blog!

Eagle-eye Di said...

What fun this looks like.It is a great time and place for stopping and joining each other with prayers.

 
Blog Designed By C-AA