Friday, August 03, 2007

Home on the Range has changed into productive farmland.


We arrived home safely after our 3700 mile round-trip to
Chicago through hundreds of miles of tassled corn fields
alternating with fields of soybeans. The hay along I-90 &
I-94 had been mowed & rolled in the median & along the
shoulders.


Great farm settings caught our eye every few miles.
They all had silos for the corn. Some like the two
here in upper Minnesota boasted their own lakes.
We crossed the Mississippi River in Minneapolis on
the I-94 bridge within sight of the I-35W bridge that
collapsed only two evenings after we drove within a
mile or two of it.





A couple of the lakes along I-94 were a
sanctuary for pelicans, herons & a variety of ducks.


More about this trip will be blogged soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eager to hear more about your trip!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Cary!
I especially like the last picture. Isn't it amazing what these cameras can do (especially when the photographer behind them is careful)! When you enlarge this picture you can appreciate every blade of grass in the foreground...then the fence...then the layers of fields...the further back the picture goes the more of a haziness occurs which gives such character to the silos.

So sad and alarming about that bridge!

strider1971 said...

looking forward to reading more about the trip

Eagle-eye Di said...

Very happy to know you are home safe and sound.Needless to say I was alittle concerned when I heard about the bridge collapse in Minnisota.I wasn't sure if you would be using that bridge or not.Of course I guess I could have consulted my map.You were so close to us its too bad we couldn't have worked out an evening togeather.I realized we are three and ahalf hours the other side of Chicago so it would have meant another six hours in drive back and forth and then time to spend togeather.It was hard not to say,hey come this way will ya.I am looking forward to more pics if you have them of your time away.

 
Blog Designed By C-AA