At LaCrosse, Wisconsin, we left I-90 to drive Hwy. 35 S along the Mississippi River.
Some of this upper Mississippi is wide... some is channeled into much narrower stretches with locks & dams. Iowa is on the farther shore.

More of those recycling receptacles - in Illinois this time - along with the meticulous flower beds.

The final rest stop for five days in Lincolnshire, Illinois (a new, elite northern suburb of Chicago) was the Marriott Resort at which the UMJC Conference was held. Our second floor room was just above that wooden lattice arbor seat. It overlooked the main entry to the Marriott with its small waterfall & goldfish.




1 comment:
The dark pink Hybiscus flower is beautiful.Last fall I planted the same Hybiscus plant with the huge flower blossom but mine is the light pink color.It is a beautiful,huge flowering blossom.I have enjoyed seeing all your pics.Got more?
Post a Comment