Our San Jose trip was wonderful!!!! I will give the details when I get a refresher course from Sherry on how to include my digital photos on this blog. Esther kept our place from burning up in the hot, dry weather...but that old fox got our rooster and another hen. We have four hen survivors, one of which has that splinted leg. She hops around on her good leg and balances some with the splinted one. The wild birds left our netted cherry trees alone. The wasps and yellow jackets did not. They left us all the pits and a handful of ripe cherries that somehow they missed. The apricots haven't ripened yet. We are very tempted to pick them green so we, rather than the insects, get to enjoy the crop. The raspberries are ripening quickly in the 90 degree days. Some have actually made it to our freezer instead of our stomachs. We are starting to harvest a variety of lettuces, spinach, peas, green beans, beets, onions, yellow crooked-neck squash and zucchini with no competition from the critters. We love to share our produce, so if you read this and would like some, let us know.
Last week was a catch-up week and the week of Esther's teeth implant surgery. Other than some expected oozing of blood post-op, all has gone extremely well. Esther even started her new job at the Subway, with two tiny metal posts sticking through her gums in the place of her retainer's fake teeth. Permanent crowns will be attached to the posts when they begin to ossify into the bone and are therefore more stable. We are so blessed to have had a safe trip, ample harvest and a good recovery for Esther.
Sunday, August 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Welcome back, Cary. I'm anxious to hear about your trip. Not sure, however, if I'll be able to hear about it until September, as we leave at the end of this week for our big trip and won't be back until then. This week is crazy with all the final details.
Thanks for sending Andy a birthday postcard--he enjoyed it, but will likely forget to mention it.
Hope you are well, friend.
Hi Cary! Sure, I'd love to share some of your produce--I'll be right over! (Well, on second thought, I guess we're about 10 hours too far apart!) I'm glad to hear that your trip was wonderful, but sorry to hear that your cherries were mostly enjoyed by the critters! Also, so glad to hear about Esther! God is good--all the time!
Post a Comment