




Back to our hike and the early morning views of the Columbia River Gorge. You can see the slug, but can you find the two chipmunks in the other two photos of the trail? After our refreshing hike, Louis and I had a scrumptious breakfast of fresh salmon omelet and biscuits with blackberry jam in the Multnomah Lodge. You can see the lodge peeking through the trees on the photo of the pavement at the base of the falls. There we met Chris, a Purdue, Indiana English Professor, who was finishing on that very day, a four week bike trek of the Lewis and Clark Trail. He started at Great Falls, Montana and biked over 1000 miles to Portland. He said his companions rode on ahead after the first week or so, since he was taking his time biking and reading several books about the Lewis and Clark journey, as he went. Well, I hope this brief showing of some of our trip photos was less frustrating for you than me as I fought the disconnect problem, but enjoyed sharing a bit of our trip nonetheless.




1 comment:
Thanks, Cary! I always enjoy seeing pictures on the blogs! (Thanks for persevering through the posting process!)
Post a Comment