Wednesday, August 31, 2005
The Smell of Fall
Louis is stacking hay bales for this coming winter. He created a new place with horse panels next to where the horses usually feed. In the meantime, I harvested the apples from our small apple trees before the bees and wasps ate too many of them and started making applesauce. It's been smoky the last couple of weeks due to forest fires around this part of Montana and over the Bitterroot Mountains in Idaho. I can smell a slight hint of burning wood. Add to that the smell of the ripening apples and the hay. My thoughts turn to September harvests, the start of Esther's school year and all that the beginning of a school year brings in schedule changes. Since I loved school, I loved this time of year from an early age. The tinge of crispness in the air somehow makes me feel more alive. This week-end, Labor Day Week-end, we will spend partly at Camp Utmost's Family Camp...whenever we are not doing something for Beth Tephila. I'll probably have more to write after that week-end. Esther partially dislocated her right shoulder in volleyball on her first day of school. Thankfully, she is fairly stoic with pain, especially if it was connected with her beloved sports. She is an athlete - not a student. Hopefully she can still enjoy the fun of camp when she is not working at SubWay this week-end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Oh, what a refreshing read! Makes me all good inside and eager for the change of seasons once again! Especially interesting to see how life goes on for all of us, even as we eagerly anticipate the possibility of our very soon "homegoing". Oh, Lord Jesus, may it be soon--very soon!
Jeannie, I so look forward to your responses! Seva Alieva, 122272 & vnr406, you surprise me by showing up with comments on my blog. My impression is that we have little in common.
Hi CML --
Oh no! Carol-Ann has come back for more! Yes...I enjoy your blog (even though I do anticipate the future a little bit differently, the end result of our anticipation is exactly the same!)
Just wanted to comment about the troublesome commentors on your blog. I don't believe they are actual people -- I think it is bulk spam. You can probably deal with it by going into the preferences and clicking on the option that requires commentors to type a word in a box before they comment. That ensures that only real people (not automated lists) leave a comment. You can delete these current ones (and this comment from me too which is simply techy stuff!!) by signing in to comment on your own blog with your own user name. That will give you a little trashcan icon by each comment. After you click on the trashcan, make sure you also check the "remove forever" box and that will delete every trace of the comment! Otherwise you'll be left with a statement that so-and-so commented but that the comment was removed. These people won't be offended! Ten to one, they haven't even seen your blog! Their filth is so offensive! It clashes with the Spirit of your posts!
One reason these kinds of comments are appearing on your blog may be because your blog is set up to appear in Blogger's public listing. Being in that list, you may have readers stopping by from time to time but you may also have troublesome stuff like this!
Happy Labour Day!
Thank you so much, Carol Ann. Sherry just gave me similar advice when I asked her how to get rid of the unwanted comments.
Post a Comment