Tuesday, August 16, 2005

San Jose Trip



Do any of you recognize this Scandinavian mansion off Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe? Louis treated me to a 3 1/2 hour boat cruise on Lake Tahoe as our first date on our trip. Vikingsholm Castle, built in 1929, was the turn-around point of the cruise. Fannette Island, the site of the Vikingsholm teahouse, is Tahoe's only island and boasts several hundred-plus year old bonsai trees. Our Captain and Tour guide for the trip hung his open testimony on the "Tahoe Gal", a medium-size, Mississippi-type, paddle boat in style. Thankfully the inside restaurant was air-conditioned on this 106 degree day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! Got any more? (Would love to see them!0

CML_Shearings said...

Hi, Jeannie, We have been having some problems keeping on-line longer than a minute or two. Our computer redials for us, but has to do it every minute or so. I didn't have the time to keep fighting it the other day when I started the photos. More are coming. Thanks for your interest.
V mold - I completed over seven years of BSF and loved it. I was a discussion leader for seven. I highly recommend BSF to all my friends. It prepared my husband & I for our current leadership in the messianic ministry of Beth Tephila.

CML_Shearings said...

Hi, Jeannie, We have been having some problems keeping on-line longer than a minute or two. Our computer redials for us, but has to do it every minute or so. I didn't have the time to keep fighting it the other day when I started the photos. More are coming. Thanks for your interest.
V mold - I completed over seven years of BSF and loved it. I was a discussion leader for seven. I highly recommend BSF to all my friends. It prepared my husband & I for our current leadership in the messianic ministry of Beth Tephila.

 
Blog Designed By C-AA