Thursday, August 25, 2005

The 14,000 day generation - Be Aware of this Jewish tradition!

Jewish tradition holds that Rosh Hashanah, the first day of the seventh month on the Jewish calendar, celebrates the anniversary of the creation of the world, a day when God takes stock of all of His Creation. Translated, Rosh HaShanah means "head of the year." Jews believe that God's judgment on this day determines the course of the coming year. That day also begins the "ten days of awe" (time of repentance) which ends on the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur).

I have just become aware that several Jewish writers describe a biblical pattern of three 14,000 day (38.8 Jewish years) generations, the latest of which ends exactly on Rosh HaShanah, October 4, 2005. Whether or not anything will actually happen on that day is unknown, but it is good to be aware of it. Here is some of what they present:

There were exactly 14,000 days that the Israelites wandered in the desert after receiving the Law and before they entered the Promised Land. This was due to their unbelief and rebellion.

There were exactly 14,000 days from the day Jesus entered Jerusalem until Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans in AD 70. This was the rebellious generation that rejected their Messiah.

There will be exactly 14,000 days from the capture of Jerusalem in 1967 to Rosh HaShanah (Feast of Trumpets), October 4, 2005. This is the generation that rebelliously turned the Temple Mount over to the Muslims after God gave it back to them in the Six Day War. Look at the problems this has caused. I find this connection with the 2005 Feast of Trumpets both intriguing and compelling.

Thus, if the dating is correct, the three most important generations in all history are 14,000 days in length, which is 2,000 Jewish weeks (14,000 divided by 7 = 2,000).

One of these writers by the name of Garrett says, "Recently I've actually heard Jewish rabbis discussing this same time-frame...that they are under 38 years of punishment for handing the Temple Mount back to the Muslims after capturing it in 1967....Because this is being discussed in rabbinic circles, and because there is a Biblical parallel which I was led to through research and prayer, I'm starting to think that whatever is going to happen on 4 October 2005 may be a solely "Jewish" event and have nothing to do with the Church. However, if this is the beginning of Daniel's prophecy concerning the final 7 years of the "70 weeks," that would mean the "times of the Gentiles" is over and all attention will again be on Israel. It wouldn't make sense to have the Church remain with Israel taking the world spotlight - but we will have to wait and see."

It is also interesting that on the Jewish calendar, October 4, 2005 actually begins on the evening of October 3 and there is supposed to be a solar eclipse on October 3, 2005. The Muslim Ramadan begins on October 4, 2005, the same day as Rosh HaShanah. Ramadan is probably the most widespread anti-Christ observance on earth. The Jewish writers are not saying for sure that the rapture will be on October 4, 2005. But wouldn't it be nice? If not, what? Anything? It will be interesting to watch.

Ooops. One little thought. The Feast of Trumpets is a two-day feast. That is because the feast happens on the new moon, which is 29.5 days after the last one, meaning it might occur on the 29th or 30th day, nobody knows for sure. Thus, this feast is referred to by the idiom, "Of the day or hour no man knows." Sound familiar? If the rapture ever happens on the Feast of Trumpets, it will be true that no one really knew the day or hour!

The Feast of Trumpets begins with a series of over 90 trumpet blasts. The last, climactic blast is the "Teki'at Shofar", a long blast, signalling victory or good news. This last blast is referred to as "the last trump," many believe to be the trumpet referred to by Paul in describing the rapture in I Corinthians 15:52 and I Thessalonians 4:16.

Most of the above info. was sent to me by a dear friend in Alaska. The person who sent it to her, Pastor David N. Decker of Jerusalem, checked and there truly will be an annular eclipse of the sun on Oct. 3rd, mainly across central Africa, that will also be partly visible in Israel. He also checked and Rosh HaShanah starts at sundown on Oct. 3rd, which is 14,000 days after June 6, 1967. Rabbis say that in the Old Testament, 14,000 days marks a full Divine Judgement cycle. Ramadan 2005 actually begins on October 5th. If there is going to be any POSITIVE action, or shaking that day...I would expect it to be in Jerusalem, hopefully around the Temple Mount...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is fascinating and soooo exciting! I've been "studying" (casually reading and observing) this stuff for several years, and everything I read here fits in perfectly! I'm so glad you shared this! Now I've shared it on my blog also--giving my readers a link to your blog (hope you don't mind). Thanks so much!!!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi CML
I've snuck onto your bloggie a few times to read but never left my paw-print in your comments. (Came here through Jeannie's blog). This is certainly an interesting read -- I've asked my honey to come on and take a look at it because I place great value on hearing his comments! Unlike you and Jeannie, I don't spend a lot of time thinking about or researching the signs of the times. I find it panics me a bit! But I do live with the expectancy that Jesus will return again and that this event may very well be within my lifetime! One of my favourite gospel songs is "Redemption Draweth Nigh" --- there's a line that says "Keep your eyes upon the Eastern sky ... lift up your heads! your redemption draweth nigh"! Each new rising of the sun is such a promise of hope for me! I love the newness of the morning! For some reason I feel no panic in treating each new day as if "this could be the day"! But when I look one day further, my heart pounds and I can't seem to handle the pressure! But there is wisdom in keeping those fires of expectancy burning in our hearts and it was so interesting to read this perspective! Thanks for writing!

cybeRanger said...

May God bless through you abundantly for His glory!
Can I link to your wonderful blog?
Please leave your reply at http://cyberanger.blogspot.com

Mister Ed T said...

Interesting research. Although I'm sceptical about date-setting, this is a good reminder to "watch and be ready!" "Even so, come Lord Jesus!"

 
Blog Designed By C-AA