Saturday, May 31, 2008

Fairy Slipper Hike

Wednesday, the Hallelujah Hikers returned to Sweathouse Creek Falls. We saw more Fairy Slippers on this one hike than we have in all of our other hikes put together.

Sweathouse Creek was full with the Spring run-off of melting snow from the mountain tops.


We hiked between rocky cliffs on either side of the trail...sometimes walking in "the burn" from almost 2 years ago which now yields an abundance of mushrooms... sometimes ambling through lush meadows of Arnica, Lupine & Indian Paintbrush just starting to bloom.




The vegetation was mixed at the Falls itself... some sepia tones from the burn & some normal forest coloration. We admired the scenery & ate our packed lunches on a rocky ledge at the top of the falls.



This view of the canyon at the foot of snow-covered peaks was shot from Sweathouse Creek Road as we drove to the trailhead. It captured the serene feeling of this hike. As soon as we returned home, the sky clouded up & it began to rain. Thank you, Lord!







4 comments:

strider1971 said...

sounds good. can't see the pictures because I'm blind but sounds like you enjoyed yourself.

CML_Shearings said...

Shalom, Strider. I am glad you brouse my blog still. Since Carol Ann was the main commenter recently, I thought she may be my only reader. I love her comments, but I am happy you check in too. I wish I could let you see the beauty of God's creation from these hikes. Of course, there is all of eternity ahead, where we will probably be blown away by sights far more awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cary!
Thanks for your comment on my blog this morning! Sorry I've been so distant and silent lately. I do still read your blog, but my blog activity (all blogs) has become much less of a habit than it once was. I suspect my sis, Dianne still reads your blog also, but, like me, just hasn't been here regularly, and hasn't been commenting much. It seems to be a seasonal thing, but I do enjoy what you post. Thanks!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hey there, CML!
I surely do read your blog! Actually, I don't "check" it, though, so never feel bad if you have a long gap between posts! Sometimes that's what makes blogging difficult if one hits a dry spell but feels the need to keep posting because of the faithfuls who keep checking! I have subscribed to your page through bloglines.com. I check my bloglines list once a day and can see at a glance when someone has posted something new.

By the way, that last picture with the barn is truly amazing! I hope the others who read your blog click on the pictures for a larger view!

 
Blog Designed By C-AA