Dad turned 82 yesterday. He will always remember this birthday, since he was involved in the dedication ceremony & prayer for his newest great grandson, Levi James Conner. Levi is a little over four weeks old now. He came into the world so alert, although his mom had experienced a difficult delivery due to pre-eclampsia. This is my sister's youngest son's first-born.
The whole family gathered to celebrate the dedication & birthday on a very icy day. As I carried the bluebird house & bluebird feeder, (Dad's gift), down the front cement steps of our home, my feet flew out & I landed on ice against that last step. The resulting deep bruise was worth not breaking the glass in the feeder. Oh, I so often show how much I count on God's continual protection!




3 comments:
Well, I'm glad you didn't break the glass and I'm also glad you didn't break your back! No, quite literally -- one of my sisters fell on her steps on ice a number of years ago and did put a crack in her backbone!
How is the sciatic pain? Has physio brought relief? Does it interrupt your sleep? Is this a first-time episode for you? Does this feel like 20 questions? :)
Thanks for caring, Carol-Ann. Yes, the sciatic pain & now the huge, deep bruise across my sacral area do interrupt my sleep. I wake up when I turn certain ways in my sleep. I am so thankful I did not break my hip, since bone scans have shown that I am in osteopenia & the most bone loss has been in my hip joints. The physical therapy is partially for that osteopenia, since weight-bearing exercise has been proven to help rebuild bone mass as good or better than drugs like Fosamax, which I am taking. The PT has already helped the sciatica. Yes, I have had sciatica before, but on my left side. This was the first time on my right. How is your sister now? Has she experienced any sequelae?
Ouch! Oh, Cary, I'm so sorry to hear this! I had a similar fall (on icy front steps) many years ago when I was nine months pregnant with our son. When Larry took me to the hospital to get checked out, they asked at the front desk if I was "pre-registered", immediately assuming I was there to deliver a baby. Later we realized that we should have responded, "Well, no, I didn't know I was going to fall!"
Post a Comment