Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Rattlesnake Trail Hike Revisited


The viral season has started. Since I am preparing to speak at the Lolo Community Church Women's Retreat next week, I just knew I would get to fight off the flu first. As congestion begins & I feel the tickle in my throat, I praise the Lord that now I will be more dependent on Him & can give Him the glory for whatever happens with the two retreat talks. Despite the start of the symptoms, I joined the Hallelujah Hikers in this week's hike... a rehike of a favorite trail, like the Kootenai one was two weeks ago.

We returned to the beaver dam & the old homestead site that we had explored last spring. We had been so taken with the wild iris & lilac hedges in full bloom that we never noticed this old car, half buried in the weeds in the ancient apple orchard, until this trip.





The golden larch were just starting to color.

Psalm 1 - Blessed is the man whose delight is in the law of the Lord & in His law he meditates day & night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water...
The foliage along Rattlesnake Creek was beyond its peak coloration, but we enjoyed the beauty that remained as we exercised.



As if the Fall coloring in our yard & down the driveway, with our newly planted maples were not enough, the Hallelujah Hikers left in the 40 degree temp. to hike 9 miles of the Rattlesnake Trail. Thankfully the day warmed up as the sun came out.






5 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Great pictures, Cary! Love the one of the hikers relaxin'! Sorry to hear of your nasty symptoms! Hopefully by next week the worst will be behind you!

Eagle-eye Di said...

Did you see any rattlesnakes?The fall color is so beautiful.I like the picture of the creek with the pink bush in the front.It is a beautiful pic.

CML_Shearings said...

Thankfully, it was probably too cool for us to see rattlesnakes, Diane. They have been seen in the area, though not by me.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! My favorite two pics are the two pics mentioned here by Carol-Ann and Dianne! The one that Dianne mentioned looks like something an artist painted. I guess it actually was painted by an Artist--The One who created it, wasn't it?

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hey Jeannie,
Kinza calls those kinds of scenes, "God's blog"!

 
Blog Designed By C-AA