Thursday, June 14, 2007

Three Ministries

It's Thursday, so here's a summary of 3 ministries in which I'm currently involved:

. Beth Tephila Messianic Congregation
We just moved to share the facilities at Lolo Community Church when our previous location was handed over to a developer, the new owner. We are now able to include Messianic dancing after our Shabbat service & Oneg (potluck meal) because of the wonderful gymnasium at L.L.C. Becky, our previous instructor, has returned with enthusiasm. Her husband died of liver cancer about 6 months ago & left her with 5 children to raise - all below high school age. She commented after our hour of dancing last week, "I feel like I've returned to a spring-time in my life."

. Vacation Bible School
Yesterday was spent at L.C.C. setting up for the VBS starting this coming Sunday evening. I helped spray paint a large volcano, decorate the teaching sites, etc. In the p.m. we prepared all the craft activities for the week, including 50 batches of playdough! Next week should be great fun reaching the neighborhood children for the Lord.

. Summer Sunday School
Last Sunday I taught the 3rd - 6th graders about the Lord is our Helper (Isaiah 41:10 was the verse that we memorized.) & how we should help each other in our genetic & church families. We had great fun feeding each other kettle popcorn although our arms were swathed in thick sections of newspaper to make them straight & unbendable. We acted out a newscast between Moses & Aaron on how the Lord used their abilities to help each other & the fledgling nation of Israel. We introduced "popcorn prayers" by completing the opening sentences of :
"Dear God, thank You for our families! Please help us remember to help them by doing these things..." The children jumped up & called out their brainstorming idea in prayer form one after another. They all took part!! We helped each other make our "teamwork snack" - frosted & sprinkled sugar cookies. We helped one member complete a difficult wooden star puzzle, etc. Needless to say, I had to vacuum our classroom after such an hour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to place your Messianic congregation at Lolo, and to now be able to include Messianic dancing! Wow! It's so easy to feel our sisterhood in the Lord, when I read of your love of ministry! I am hoping to get back over there to visit this summer -- here's a thought: maybe I would get to go hiking with your group!

CML_Shearings said...

I hope you can hike with us too! The heat & forest fires often stop us in the middle of the summer, but we start hiking again in the Fall.

 
Blog Designed By C-AA