Sunday, June 04, 2006

Apple Cider Vinegar cure-all


My mailbox is located about 1/4 of a mile down our lane. Today I walked with my two goldens to that mailbox & realized once again the aged condition of Tanna. Her back legs just don't function well anymore. She tends to walk in a sideways fashion with her hind legs, although her front legs are walking normally. If she tries to speed up, she tends to hop with the hind legs. Twice on our little walk her back legs just gave out on her. She sat a few seconds and started her typical forward-sideward movement. For 13 & 1/2 years, she's actually doing "ok". I've been reading about the health benefits of drinking a mixture of 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp. raw honey or molasses and a cup of water once or twice a day. Perhaps I should add this mixture to Tanna's dry food instead of just plain warm water... It might be a good way to test some of the claims re. reversing arthritis, etc. Ginny, our other female golden who normally lives with Jan Hall, will be coming back on Saturday to stay for a few weeks. Jan will be attending the school for the blind again this summer. Ginny is 12&1/2 years old, so I may include her in the experiment, as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me sad to see (or hear of) an animal suffering. Is it time to put Tanna down?

CML_Shearings said...

Tanna does not seem to be in pain. Her back end just has gotten progressively weaker. I will probably never take her on a 1/2 mile walk again. We are not ready to put her down, however.

 
Blog Designed By C-AA