Thursday, June 22, 2006

Forgetfulness


The Hallelujah Hiker group consisted of Judy & me this week. We decided to return to Mill Creek to see the falls while there was still some snow runoff to make them more spectacular. The hike is 7-8 miles round-trip & great exercise with varied terrain. We still saw & smelled the wild roses that hugged the trail most of the way, along with the thimbleberry bushes & buckbrush. Patches of Indian Paintbrush took over near the falls, which was still in the thundering, roaring mode. We ate our packed lunches near the aquamarine pool at the foot of the falls. We prayed, sang, guessed wild flowers and trees & spoke of how forgetful we are starting to get at times now that we are in our later 50's. We then proved the truth of those statements. Judy left her purse in my car after the hike...coming back for it about 20 minutes after she left our home. Later, I found that the photos I took on my Sunday Lee Creek hike just beyond Lolo Hot Springs & this second Mill Creek hike were lost along with my digital camera. There were some other hikers Wednesday, so one of them probably found the camera. Sadly I had no identifying marks on it...just some great shots of blooming bear grass, bunch berries, the falls, etc.

Today is Louis's 59th birthday and our 34th wedding anniversary. I don't know if you can see the Hebrew on Louis's tie. Translated it reads: " I'm my beloved's & He is mine." (Taken from the Song of Solomon)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cary -- nice photo of you and your hubby! Well, I'm sorry I wasn't there to go along on your hike today--I would have enjoyed it, I know! Too bad about losing your camera -- that's a bummer! When do you go to be camp nurse for the 4th and 5th graders? Hey, I wonder if Tano will be there? Who knows...he may just need a little of your special care!

CML_Shearings said...

Shabbat shalom! Let's see, July 16th - 21st is the date for the camp. Ron says Tano is planning to be at that camp. That's great! Ron was here just chatting for awhile last evening. He is looking forward to your sister's visit & then the drive up to Canada.

 
Blog Designed By C-AA