Saturday, June 17, 2006

Teaching 6th graders is a challenge!!!

The week of VBS is complete. I survived teaching a room full of active, bright 6th graders. PTL! To tell the truth, they did keep me on my toes, yet I really enjoyed the challenge. I actually think that most of them listened enough to realize once again how much God loves them. They also learned some Hebrew & Greek words as we memorized the daily Scripture verses, reviewed some of Jesus's earliest miracles, adding some interesting facts & reinforced that new knowledge with a variety of fun games & crafts.

After Beth Tephila today, we drove Highway 93 at the tip-top of the speed limit to attend my nephew, Aaron's, wedding in Conner, Montana. The weather was perfect. Esther brought her boyfriend, Jessup, to the wedding and introduced him to many of her relatives. All went well. My nephew married into an interesting family. His new father-in-law is a scientist who works in Antartica much of the year. His mother-in-law is fighting cancer & winning at present. His wife is an identical twin. Her twin was the maid of honor. Except for the gorgeous cream-colored wedding gown versus dark blue gown of the maid of honor, I would have had a difficult time picking out which was Aaron's Anna & which was her sister, Ashley.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed By C-AA