Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Glorious September

I have just returned from a wonderful 1 1/2 hour hike up Sweathouse Creek Canyon that ended at Sweathouse Creek Falls. It is in the mid- 60 degrees on a bright clear day. Our leaves are just beginning to turn to golds and russets and brilliant reds on the bushes and trees. The intermediately difficult hike wound up the narrow canyon beside the creek on the left and steep canyon sides on the right. An old wooden flume could be seen in some places along the canyon wall and rock slides. Fallen timber was everywhere, sometimes across the trail. Laura and I knew the black bears are hungry this time of year. Hungry enough for a mother and two cubs to even venture on the university campus this week. So we decided early on to make this hike a prayer-hike. We talked and openly prayed our praise and petitions all the way to the falls and then all the way back. At the top of the falls, we ate our sack lunch and gazed at the glorious Fall splendor around us. No, we didn't see any bears ... only some grouse, a squirrel and chipmunk. This is the way to enjoy September! This is such a hug from the LORD!!

1 comment:

Montana Sherry C said...

Sounds like a wonderful hike! I will miss you at the study, but I understand. Sometimes I think it's not the study for me, either, but I need something and don't have an alternative.

 
Blog Designed By C-AA