Friday, March 11, 2005

Short of Power

Our electricity went off and stayed off most of Monday when a bird flew into a large transformer at the power station for our area. All the tasks I had planned for the day came to a screeching halt - the laundry, exercise on the treadmill and the shower after it, cooking lunch and dinner... I did a few tasks that did not require electricity and as the minutes ticked to hours, I finally left to run errands in Missoula & attend my weekly Hebrew class. Thankfully our electric gate opener has a battery attached to it so I could flee my frustration. The power was back on just before I returned home from my Hebrew lesson, where we are translating Genesis. Once again I realized how reliant I am on electricity in my daily life. Before Y2K my husband and I bought a generator strong enough to get the water from our well or to power our freezer for a few hours. However, we never had the proper switch put into our electric box that would allow us to switch over to the generator without causing problems. We must make aquiring that switch a higher priority. My natural self is just like that poor bird. I detect a lack of spiritual power and so ask my heavenly Father what happened. He often reveals that my fleshly self got into the middle of a situation that He had well in hand. I messed it up but good and shorted the whole system for myself and oh so many others!

No comments:

 
Blog Designed By C-AA