Sunday, August 03, 2008

Second week of nursing at Camp Utmost - 4th-5th grade boys' camp


I had so much fun nursing the youngest boys' camp. Here is the slip & slide tug-of-war between the counselors & one of the tabins of campers. There were 44 campers, so eleven campers were assigned to each of four tabins. Over a dozen of these came to know the Lord for the first time during the week!! Watching the movie, "Facing the Giants", throughout the week before campfire time stimulated profitable discussion & these eternal decisions. I picked up a flu virus from one of the campers & shared it with Louis upon my return home. He had to take his first two sick days in the two years he's worked at DirecTV, to recuperate from this virulent virus. We are just returning to normal health & strength this week-end.


Here is part of the nurse's area at Camp Utmost, where I dispense meds., remove slivers, cleanse & bandage minor wounds, etc. Best of all, I get to know the campers individually here & often get to pray with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're getting back to wellness. Also, nice to see your new posts here.

Especially glad to hear of the salvation decisions at camp! How exciting for you to be a part of the work there!

 
Blog Designed By C-AA