
How I needed this reminder a week or so ago when a large white truck slammed into my Yukon.
I had enjoyed my day immensely...shopping for toys & clothes & other items to pack into Samaritan's Purse Christmas shoeboxes. After filling the boxes & delivering them to our church for later shipment, I started my drive back home. It was dark as I started to turn back onto Highway 93. Bright headlights, appearing from between Black Jack's Casino & the Hayloft Bar across the street, within milliseconds zoomed towards me as I felt the impact of two vehicles colliding. I squinted to see if I could see the license plate as the vehicle backed up a little, but the headlights were still too bright. A white truck drove past me & I assumed was going to turn around so we could exchange information about insurance companies. I pulled to the curb & waited. After about 5 minutes, it was obvious no truck was coming, so I drove over to the truck stop where it had headed & started looking for a white truck. Perhaps the driver was waiting there for me. No deal. It was a hit & run accident. A saying of my military boss from Fort Leavenworth popped into my mind: "No good deed goes unpunished."
I called the police & reviewed the accident. The policeman, who came & surveyed the damage & scene, said the other driver probably either was drunk or didn't have insurance. Hit & runs were common in this area of the casino & bar. He thought I had at least $2000 damage to the left front side of my car. The appraisals I got the next day for my insurance company were both just over the $2000 mark. Sadly, I will be out the $500 deductible & without my car for 4 days or so when the parts arrive at the body shop. I am asking the Lord to help me respond in a way that will give Him glory.




3 comments:
Oh NO!
This kinda of thing is so traumatizing! I loved the picture of the bird formation but found myself frowning as soon as I read on! The quote also, "No good deed goes unpunished" brings a smile and is one to remember!
We all seem to be having our "bumps" these days, don't we! I'm sure sorry to read about yours!
Such an incredible picture!!!
So sorry to hear about your accident, but so glad you're alright!
Thank you for your continuous encouragement, Carol-Ann & Jeannie.
Post a Comment