Do you remember the tiny shoes photos from Japan? My niece & nephew flew to China from Japan for their vacation. Here is one of my niece's experiences in her own words:
Have you ever found yourself wondering what is one of the grossest things that can happen to you? I now have an answer to that thought. On the night train from Beijing to Shanghai- my old bladder wasn't as big and strong as I thought. Around 5 am I was forced to use the dirty, smelly, stinky, rotten, horrible, foul train bathroom. The toilet was of the squat variety. I did the duty ok- but the problem arose when I went to exit. The toilet was made of a shiny chrome looking material. Since no one ever really aims for the actual toilet itself- the area was covered in a kind of gelatinous urine coating. The combination of chrome and jello pee- made the floor area feel like an ice skating rink. When I tried to stand up I slipped- and of all the places to land- my poor, poor foot went down into the nasty, nasty, hole of the squat toilet. So......May you all be thankful for clean western style toilets today!
Friday, July 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Our friend who has spent several years teaching in China's Universities and Law Schools had given us a similar description of the trains' toilets. He hadn't mention them for several years so we had hoped there had been great improvement--obviously not!! Ugh!!
This sounds pretty grossified to me.I guess if I were to consider taking a train ride somewhere I would check out the bathrooms first.We went up into Canada on the Algoma Train Ride while our kids were young yet.I don't remember the toilets being bad.Of course I don't remember having to use them either.
Post a Comment