1. Are any of you using the new version of Blogger? I'm just now familiar with the "old" blogger. What do you think of it? Is it worth the switch?
2. Have any of you attended "First Night" activities in Missoula or elsewhere? I'm going for the first time this year because my friend Janie has asked me to go with her & Dec. 31st is her birthday. She was diagnosed with lymphoma last year. Her lab. work remains the same, but she feels better than she has in years. Since the diagnosis, she has gotten more rest, exercised more & really watched her diet. A couple days ago, we hiked over 4 miles in the Larry Creek hills while she trained her Schnauzer puppy to heel.
3. Any suggestions on how to cut financial apron strings after an almost 19 year-old has left home yet still tries to have you foot all the bills?
4. My neighborhood Bible Study for women will be finishing Habakkuk on January 11th & starting in Ephesians with an emphasis on Spiritual Warfare. Does anyone have a favorite reference to recommend for spiritual warfare? I plan to show the Focus on the Family "That the World May Know" series portion on Ephesus as part of the overview.
Any & all comments appreciated!
Friday, December 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Hi CML
You asked for our thoughts re the changes at Blogger...
New Blogger publishes instantly! NO more waiting and waiting! If you upgrade your template as well as making the switch (two different things!) you can take advantage of some very practical new changes!
Another pro to switching is that the old version will not be supported, so if problems develop with it, it could get very frustrating.
The ONLY "con" I have come up against is that if you switch, those who haven't MIGHT NOT be able to comment on your posts unless they have a google account username to sign in with. But blogger is a google-sponsered service, so even that is a "reasonable" requirement if you stop to think about it.
For awhile, I am helping people who are uncertain about it to convert their blogs to the new system and, if desired, to upgrade their templates in exchange for six months of sporting my Tin Roof Ventures ad in the sidebar of their blog. If you want to see what that's all about, you can follow the link above!
Re point #3 in your post ... I have no suggestions at all!!! I shall refer back to your blog in 7 years' time when I cross that bridge myself to see what you did!
Thanks, Carol-Ann. I'll think about your ad. So far I don't even have links to other peoples' blogs in my sidebar because I don't know how to do it.
Cary, thanks for your comments!
Anytime you need help with blog stuff, I'm happy to help you out. I can either type out the instructions for putting links on your blog or do it for you if you email me your user name and password. Once you learn a little bit about HTML coding, you'll be on your way. Just let me know whenever you would like my help. (I do it for my sisters also.)
None of us in my family have switched to the new Beta blog system. I guess we're content with what we have and don't feel like rocking the boat.
Post a Comment