
We've finally gotten a new computer, so I hope to post those photos I promised within a day or two. The motherboard on our old computer died, then our monitor went out. It's great to be able to read e-mail & blogs again.
The day before Thanksgiving, Esther moved into her own tiny, but cute apartment in Missoula near the Good Food Store. The Gatewest apartments do not allow pets, so Rachel cat stays put with us. She keeps meowing around the basement...looking for her bedmate. Esther now calls us from her cell-phone once or twice a day. I know more about her daily activities than I have for a couple of years!!
Two hours after Thanksgiving, our almost 14 year old female golden retriever slipped into eternity. Tana always considered herself my dog, although she was super friendly with anyone in her vicinity. Typical golden. She wasn't in pain at the end. Just quit eating & drinking & then breathing. We babied her a few days by spoonfeeding her, carrying her outside to do her business, etc. Finally she would not accept even her favorite spoonfed goodies. Her breathing became more & more labored the last day or so. So we took time to just sit with her, pat & brush her lightly, speak loving words & essentially say goodbye.




6 comments:
Hi Cary - welcome back!
I knew about Esther moving out, but I'm so sorry to hear about Tana. I guess we all knew it was coming one of these days, but it's still hard to say "g'bye" when it happens. These pets of ours truly become a fixed part of the family. We wrap our hearts around them as they shower us with love as well.
Just a few days before Thanksgiving, our nearly 15-yr. old kitty also slipped away us (into "kitty heaven"?). Even now, sometimes I still think I hear her or see her out of the corner of my eye, only to realize a second later that it can't possible be her. I miss her presence around here.
My heart hurts for your grief too, Jeannie. These dear pets become such a part of us. Happy Holidays because we can entrust them & everything else to our Emmanuel.
Hi CML,
I thought of your wild horses and big horns tonight and dropped in to have another look at those amazing pics. They are truly beautiful -- actually, "spectacular" might come closer to it!
I'm so sorry about your dog! One of the hard things about pets is that we usually outlive them!
Thanks for the Christmas and note!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Thanks for your empathy, Jeannie & Carol-Ann. Now that I know someone reads my comments & our monitor is finally back up, I will try again to post those photos, etc. Warm holiday greetings to you! Today was the eighth & final day of Hanukkah for this year. Louis & I celcbrated with a Krispie Creme. They are made with oil, (as all Hanukkah foods are), & are kosher.
I am so sorry about your puppy dog passing away.It made my heart sad to hear about it and felt your pain also.I know Dad really loved your puppy also and is feeling it also.Our love to you and yours.
Post a Comment