Saturday, July 29, 2006

Beth Tephila Retreat

We're exhausted but happy that the Beth Tephila summer retreat at our home this week-end appeared to be successful. Around 20 folks attended both Friday & today. We all enjoyed the BBQ, fellowship, normal BT service, horseshoe contests, etc. Chatting with the Olson family about the current warfare & life in Israel, was a highlight. After visiting relatives & churches who support them, they will return to their home & ministry in Jerusalem mid-August.

We started to catch up on watering our garden & lawn after folks left, but ended up flooding Esther's bedroom. I wish I could say this was the first time we've done that. Unfortunately it's become a habit! Thankfully Esther decided to go camping with her boyfriend & family after her return from Wildhorse Canyon. That gives us about a day to sop up the water & dry out the rug. We are not going to tackle any more projects until we've had a good night's sleep. Thankfully we finished picking the bumper crop of Bing cherries from our two trees the morning before the retreat started. Anyone want some free cherries?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cary! Life's been a bit crazy for awhile, hasn't it (for both of us)! I'm so glad Esther went to Young Life camp. I'm certain it was good for her, even if it wasn't verbalized by her. I'm having the fun of dog-sitting a puppy (cock-a-poo) this week -- puppies are a lot of work -- potty breaks every 3 hours, plus the cleaning up of piddles, lots of attention, plus going for walks. It's a good thing they're so cute and so sweet!

There's been so much going on in my life lately, that my blog interest has dwindled a bit. Other activities are much more worth my time and effort. Maybe my interest will pick up a bit when the winter rainy season returns.

 
Blog Designed By C-AA