Saturday, July 15, 2006

Bound for Camp Utmost (with my vinegar)

After church tomorrow I will be driving back to Camp Utmost to be the Camp Nurse for the 4th & 5th grade boys' camp. Shortly after my last entry, I spent 3 days as nurse for the 7th graders. Camp nursing is an adventure... sometimes restful, sometimes stressful & tiring, but always interesting as I meet new campers & staff. I pray my way through the days that nothing happens that the Lord & I can not handle in my role. A sprained ankle was the worst that happened during my days with the 7th graders. I was still experimenting with drinking apple cider vinegar drinks to help my joint pain, so I brought the vinegar along. Guess what. It definitely helps arthritic conditions! Upon my return home, I have spent hours weeding in the garden & picking our raspberries. (Wish I could plant & harvest some of those apricot tasting ones Jeannie picked.) Louis & I also relished the preview concerts of the International
Choral Festival which Sherry spoke about in her blog. We treated the concerts as a free date. One of the best we've had so far! Too bad that this festival is held in Missoula only for a few days every three years. The hard seats were not a problem anymore than the gardening. Usually I pay for such activities with aching joints for days... I have slept like a baby and hardly feel a twing of discomfort. The vinegar is already packed in my bags again. I'll be back in a week or so. Then Esther leaves for WildHorse Canyon Camp with the Young Life group from the Bitterroot. PTL!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess you probably won't read this until you return from camp, but I do hope you're having a really good week! I'm wondering how Nathaniel and Ben are doing, and hoping they have no need of your services. Thanks for being on duty for them all this week.

 
Blog Designed By C-AA