Wednesday, April 19, 2006


Problems seem larger, the closer you are to them.
My daughter's gray cat, Rachel, shadows me. She misses Esther, who is home very little these days, and has made me Esther's substitute. When she gets especially frustrated she has developed the habit of reaching around and pulling out some of her hair with her teeth. She almost denudes the back half of her body this way. At first, we took her to the Vet, thinking she might be in pain. The Vet. gave her a thorough check-up, took lab. tests & later reported she was in good health. I would rather clean up cat hair than cat urine, so I am thankful the habit isn't a worse one. Now I am praying for wisdom. While I'm praying, the Lord just reminds me that I am often like Rachel. When I get frustrated and try to resolve my frustration on my own, I am only hurting myself - and sometimes others. I need to realize that He is still in control. Therefore, I need to take each frustration to Him and leave it with Him. I also need to ask what I am supposed to be learning through the situation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cary, this is so cute! I especially like the animated gray cat!

But, more seriously, for me, this is what really stuck out to me:
"When I get frustrated and try to resolve my frustration on my own, I am only hurting myself - and sometimes others. I need to realize that He is still in control. Therefore, I need to take each frustration to Him and leave it with Him. I also need to ask what I am supposed to be learning through the situation."
HOW TRUE, HOW TRUE!!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. If your kitty wanders away, you might check my blog for her.

 
Blog Designed By C-AA