Wednesday, April 26, 2006

And now there are 10...the fox returned.


The two pullets, who flew the coop the most, were both white spangled spitzers - a new breed for us. They had floppy cute feathers on the top of their heads. Yes, I said "had". Louis could not get them back into the chicken yard night before last, although he certainly tried. We hadn't seen the fox since last fall, so he decided to take the risk overnight. When we checked in the morning, we found a small pile of white feathers in front of the chicken yard & another pile in the southeast corner of the yard. Just outside our pasture, in our adjoining neighbor's pasture was a much larger pile of white feathers where the meal must have been eaten. This is the end result of "flying the coop" when there is danger always lurking. This is why I am constantly praying when Esther is not at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a very tough road you've been walking for a long tme, and the journey isn't over yet. Fortunately, God cares about all of it, and cares deeply about you and Esther both. I also keep you guys in my prayers.

CML_Shearings said...

Thanks for all your prayer support. I count on it! Love you, Cary

 
Blog Designed By C-AA