In Hebrew class we have been translating our way through Psalms 90 - A prayer of Moses.
Adonai, you have been our dwelling place in every generation.
Before the mountains were born, before you had formed (literally "whirled")
the earth & the inhabited world,
from eternity past to eternity future you are God. (verses 1-2)
You bring frail mortals to the point of being crushed, then say, "People, repent!"
For from your viewpoint a thousand years are merely like yesterday or a night watch.
When you sweep them away, they become like sleep (or a dream);
by morning they are like growing grass, growing & flowering in the morning,
but by evening cut down and dried up... (verses 3-6)
The span of our life is seventy years, or if we are strong, eighty... (verse 10a)
So teach us to number our days, so that we will become wise. (verse 12)
After attending the Hebrew class today, I drove to my parents' home. Both Mom and Dad are 80 this year and viruses tend to linger with them now. They were both breathing shallowly so they could talk without hacking. Their flu virus has shown more respiratory components than the stomach flu like Tano Chidwick had recently. They appeared pale and more frail even than normal. I leave each visit with them now, thinking how I should treasure each moment spent with them. I wonder how many more years they will be able to manage a home by themselves. They are still involved with their church, the hospice and hospital patients they visit and our extended family. PTL! Mom filled me in on all the changes occurring in our family. My sister and husband are selling the "old homestead" and will be building a home soon. Their oldest son will be doing the same. Their youngest son is getting married in June. My brother's oldest son is getting married in the Fall... & so forth. I sensed I was observing & hearing Psalm 90 all over again in a fleshed out format. The chapters of our lives fly by so quickly. The comfort is that Adonai is our habitation or dwelling place - even as He will be throughout eternity!
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
"The comfort is that Adonai is our habitation or dwelling place - even as He will be throughout eternity!" Yes! Amen to that! Come, Lord Jesus! Oh that He would come quickly!
Speaking of coming quickly, I'm looking forward to my visit with you soon!
Jeannie - That's two of us. I hope you will enjoy some of the Passover Seder preparation and the Seder itself.
Post a Comment