Sunday, September 06, 2009

Sowing Seed



Some of our hens scramble out of the chickenhouse each morning to hang around Beauty, our Tennessee Walker mare, when she is eating her 3-way grain breakfast. Periodically Beauty raises her head as she chews & some of the grain kernels drop to the ground. The chickens snatch those kernels. Two friends are chewing on the seed of the Word that I & others have sprinkled into their lives. Karen, who has now attended Beth Tephila fairly faithfully since last Rosh HaShana, is one of them. She grew up in a religious Reformed Jewish home in the LA area. It's been a year of listening carefully, asking a lot of questions & now starting to read the New Testament. I have been praying that the enemy of Karen's soul will not snatch the seed away before it takes root.
This past Shabbat I was telling Pam, another friend at Beth Tephila, about the women's neighborhood Bible Study that I was preparing to teach on Revelation 1-3. Karen came up behind us & joined in the conversation. She asked when & where the study would be starting & quickly invited herself. This Thursday morning she plans to meet me twenty minutes early, so we can attend the first session together. Now I am praying that my teaching will not confuse her or create any barriers to the faith that the Holy Spirit has been slowly cultivating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying with you over this opportunity with your friend.

CML_Shearings said...

Thanks, Jeannie.

Eagle-eye Di said...

Beauty is beautiful.It sounds like something cute to watch as the chickens lay in wait for some grain to land on the ground.It sounds like our good Lord is using you with the seed of the Word.Our prayers are with you.

 
Blog Designed By C-AA