Friday, July 03, 2009

Mosquito & Deer repellents

Louis heard somewhere that spraying Listerine on your body was a great mosquito repellent. As this year has been particularly bad with mosquitos whenever I am outside working in the yard or garden & I was already covered with mosqito bites, I decided to try this remedy. It works for me. Since I started using the Listerine, I have only gotten one additional bite in a whole week. Try it & see if it works for you.

We also read that Ivory soap is especially abhorrent to deer. If placed in your trees, they will leave your apples alone. So I tried them in my flower barrels by the gate, as you can see above. So far, so good. My plants in the barrels last year had been nibbled nearly to death by July 1st. Not so this year. I have seen at least one deer sniffing & turning away!

1 comment:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Ah! Listerine! We have mosiquitos but we don't have problems with deer eating our flowers! If I had a deer in my front yard, I'd probably do anything I could think of to encourage it to hang around!

Thanks for passing on the tips!

 
Blog Designed By C-AA