Philipsburg, once a mining town & now a farming community & tourist town. We "hiked" around this quaint town with its many historic buildings now housing gift shops, the sapphire gallery & the Sweet Palace candy store. I learned that sapphires & rubies are both aluminum oxide crystals. All the colors except red are considered sapphires, whereas rubies are the red ones. Did you know that the next hardest substance after diamonds is sapphires/rubies? They are harder than stainless steal. My birthstone is a sapphire, so I own a star sapphire ring. Guess I won't worry about scratching it anymore. I bought some chocolate truffles & a chocolate-caramel Bear Paw to take home to Louis, my chocoholic sweetie - even though the candy store is known more for its homemade taffy.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Fall Hikes - Varied Terrain
Philipsburg, once a mining town & now a farming community & tourist town. We "hiked" around this quaint town with its many historic buildings now housing gift shops, the sapphire gallery & the Sweet Palace candy store. I learned that sapphires & rubies are both aluminum oxide crystals. All the colors except red are considered sapphires, whereas rubies are the red ones. Did you know that the next hardest substance after diamonds is sapphires/rubies? They are harder than stainless steal. My birthstone is a sapphire, so I own a star sapphire ring. Guess I won't worry about scratching it anymore. I bought some chocolate truffles & a chocolate-caramel Bear Paw to take home to Louis, my chocoholic sweetie - even though the candy store is known more for its homemade taffy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
My favourites in this batch are the birds' nests and the the tin-roof shack! Looks like a pretty risky place to stand for a pose, though!
Post a Comment