Saturday, March 03, 2007

Happy Purim!






Once again we celebrate the fact that the whole order of the universe has to cease to exist for anyone - named Haman, Hitler or otherwise - to wipe out the Jewish people.


See Jeremiah 33:20-26.






I baked several dozen hamantashen to celebrate Purim today at Beth Tephila...actually a day early. Purim starts at sundown tonight. We read the story of Esther & Mordecai, using the grogger noisemakers when Haman's name was mentioned, wolf whistling when Esther's name was read & shouting, "Hurrah" when Mordecai's name was heard. See my Purim 2005 blog entry for the hamantashen recipe.




We have much to celebrate. God was good and gave us four more lambs within the last 24 hours! Now only one ewe has not delivered a lamb this year. Our Columbian ewe doesn't even look pregnant, so she may not be. She didn't have a lamb last year & delivered very late in the Spring the previous two years.

3 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

What a lively way to read a marvellous story! Sounds like a real experience in itself!

All these little lambies are just to cute for anything!

Eagle-eye Di said...

I have never heard of Purim before.I am not to knowledgeable on Jewish terms and holidays.I got my bible out and read your scripture reading in Jeremiah.I also looked back into your 2005 archives for your receipe and will attempt to make your receipe.It sounds pretty good.Congratulations on a few new lambs being born.It sounds like your Columbian Ewe isn't cooperating to well for bringing babies into your pen.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Cary!
Sounds like you have quite a week ahead (from your comment on my blog)! And yes, I shall remember to pray for you.

 
Blog Designed By C-AA