Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Esther's now in Hampton, Virginia


After visiting relatives & friends, Esther & I drove to Spokane one more time. She boarded the plane for Phoenix, Charlotte & then Norfolk around 7:45 a.m. yesterday. Before I went to sleep back in Florence last night, she had called to say that she had arrived safely. Now she is commited to the Lord, while she is with her birth father, Jason.


When you are 19, the world is one grand adventure. I am praying that "this adventure" will both mature Esther & draw her closer to the Lord. She had one moment of hesitation after buying a magazine to read on the plane. She stopped midway up the ramp to the security area in the airport which you see behind her in the first picture. "Mom, I've decided to stay here." Then on second thought & realizing everything she was taking with her was already loaded on the plane, she sighed & continued up the ramp. Many gestures of goodbye & love followed...waves, blowing kisses, "I love you" in sign language, etc. She placed her coat & carry-on bags in the bins to be scanned & walked out of my view. She cell-phoned at each change of plane. The Lord gave her a good journey, although the plane in Phoenix was delayed over an hour due to mechanical repairs. She barely made the switch at Charlotte to the plane for Norfolk, as a result.

These last two photos were taken at my parents' home on Sunday, as we visited. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for her & me. I listened to & sang praise music as I drove back to Missoula from the Spokane airport. It took away the ache in my chest, but the tears did fall for awhile.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Esther is in God's hand -- a very good thing to keep in mind at all times. I will continue to pray for you as you adjust to this new turn of events in your life. It's a tough one for you, but God will bring the comfort and the strength you need to face each tomorrow.

Eagle-eye Di said...

I sure do feel for you Cary.Its good to hear that she arrived there ok.I could just feel myself sitting there in your car driving away trying my best to listen to praise music to shut out the sadness of her leaving and the hole that will be there for sometime.We will keep her and you in our prayers and pray for the Lord's strength and peace for you as you endevour to go through your daily routines.May God be with you.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Cary,
Just have to smile whenever I click in here -- that young gal standing there with pants rolled up just so and the two of you sharing that comfy chair ... very sweet pictures of those unforgetable moments.

 
Blog Designed By C-AA