Friday, July 08, 2005

Tempus Fugit when you're having fun

A month has flown by since my last post. Esther & I have been back home with Louis for most of that time. We are continuing family counseling and enjoying the blessings that flow from work on our relationships. I am especially loving the "dates" that Louis and I are starting to have. Can you believe this man I married 33 years ago is selling his plasma to Biolife to have the $ to take me out on dates?!! In another 8 or 9 days we are planning to drive to San Jose, California for the Union of Messianic Jewish Congregations National Conference, LORD willing. The Beth Tephila Board members decided that I should accompany Louis this year. PTL! It costs no more in transportation or for the hotel room. In fact, the LORD surprised us with a free hotel room through a friend! That will now give us the $ to eat while in the San Jose area...ie. get items from nearby grocery stores and make our own meals most of the time. I will take our digital camera along, so we can fill you in on the trip once we are back home. Esther will house- sit and take care of the animals. We are paying for her car insurance and gas $ in exchange - to her great delight. This last month has included a Beth Tephila Retreat at our home, several family and friends get-togethers over the 4th of July week-end, celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary and Louis's --birthday by seeing the latest Star Wars movie and dining out at "Shadows Keep", numerous hours of weeding the garden and strawberry beds, dog-sitting for two different friends, and so much more. Esther continues to seek a full-time job and was just interviewed yesterday for a position at Bob Wards. In the meantime, she works part-time at the Day Care center. This is a bit rambling. I'll attribute it to the over 90 degree heat outside.
The cooler, rainy June has turned into a hot and drier July. Our pasture is just now finally turning brown. The six adult sheep are now over at Mom and Dad's pasture, while we continue to feed and prepare the remaining three lambs for market the last of July. A red fox has been boldly visiting our chickenhouse during the middle of the day. We are down to 5 laying hens and our rooster, as a result. Louis has contacted the federal trapper, who will eventually get here when he clears up a couple of wolf and bear problems. Time to give one of our extra dogs a bath and grooming before she returns to her owner tomorrow. Jan, Genny's owner, has been learning Braille in Bozeman. Her one good eye has diminishing eyesight. She hasn't been able to drive a car for about a year now. We are so thankful we can help her and that Genny is such a needed part of her daily routine now. See you around.

3 comments:

Montana Sherry C said...

Hi, C. I was beginning to think you'd given up blogging entirely! Glad I checked it tonight.

I haven't talked with you forever, it seems. Apparently, much has changed in the last month. I'd love to get together and catch up a bit before you head off on your next adventure.

I just got back in town myself yesterday, and will be gone again the last week of July and then again for much of August.

Give me a call and we'll see what works for both of us in the coming week. I look forward to seeing you.

CML_Shearings said...

Thanks, Sherry. I read your latest posts before I wrote my rambling one. I will call soon.

Anonymous said...

So nice to see you back in your blog, and to read this report of life in your little world! You have been in my prayers all this time and I will continue praying for all of you.

 
Blog Designed By C-AA